Skip to main content

Welcome to my blog!


Ciao! Michelle Schacherer here!  I'm so glad you're here and welcome you to my blog! For all of those who don't know me, I am a CrossFitter, fit junkie and extremely passionate about fitness, nutrition, health and spirituality. I love being active and am always looking forward to what this life will bring me. There is so much to learn and share! Plus, if we're lucky enough to be in good health, we are able to see the potential our bodies and minds have and enjoy the journey where they, combined, will take us.

In this blog I share with you my personal experience as I navigated through an interesting childhood where food was the only thing that would comfort me, then moving into the awkward teenage years where I tried to look like the super stars I'd see on TV (yup, I wanted to be that next Britney Spears but totally failed, lol!); and finally, moving into really looking for professional help and being an autodidact, learning from the paleo trendsetters such as Robb Wolf, Dave Asprey, Dr. Chris Kresser, Dr. Mercola, Dr. David Perlmutter, Dr. Sarah Ballentyne, among others, about our metabolism, mind-body connection, how to better approach life, nutrition and fitness.

This blog is for anyone who can relate to the usual "you just don't have enough willpower", "it's your genes", "you just have to move more and eat less"... You name it! We all have been there and it becomes really frustrating because, at the end of the day, you get even more confused because there's always the next great diet that will give you a Victoria's Secret super model body, but then you find out that... Alas... Well, it's not that easy! One thing's for sure: There is no one-size-fits-all approach! 

That said, what I will share has worked for me, but may not work for you. However, some basics have helped a lot of people get their health back on track and feel better overall about their lives. So, I hope you can find my experience helpful and that you can implement anything that works for you!

At any point, please, feel free to share any comments, thoughts, or anything with me by shooting me an email to smschacherer@gmail.com. I love getting to know people, especially those who can relate to my story. 

Ready to join me on my adventure? Read on! :) 





Disclaimer: The information included in this blog is personal experience and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. At all times, if you suffer from any condition or need professional advice, it is recommended that you consult with your physician or medicine professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How My Upbringing (Past) Shaped My Perspective (Present)

Being a kid is awesome: you don't have to worry about anything major in life! Most of the times, the most concerning thing is being the next cool kid, getting good grades and... Trying to stay out of trouble to avoid getting grounded! Your life is pretty much taken care of by your parents or caregivers. This includes the nutrition part. And if you, like me, grew up with parents who were not nutritionists or attached to their culinary roots, your parents were probably feeding you whatever filled your stomach and not what gave you the necessary nutrients you needed to grow up healthy.  And, I mean, I get it... As a parent (I'm not one, but I guess this is what I'd do if I were a parent too) you try to have food on your table and, if you grew up eating a certain type of food, that's what you know is right to eat. Well, that was my parents' case. I would come home to my favorite childhood food of all times: Mac and Cheese. Or, for breakfast, how about a good ...

It's Not Me, It's You: How To Deal With Saboteurs

How many times have you wanted to change but have run into people who just tell you that that change you want is not going to happen, that things won't work out because that's "not life" and you're better off just doing the same things you and everybody else has been doing all along? I call these people "vampires", because they suck out your energy and optimism, but they are more commonly known as "saboteurs". And, I get it, change is hard and, for some people, seeing their friends change makes them feel uncomfortable because their environment is changing and they no longer feel in control. This happens even more often when it is someone who you're close to. Let me share with you some brief stories to which you will probably relate: 1. I don't drink, nor smoke, nor do drugs. Never have and never will. I have tried alcohol before, a sip here and there, but never to the point of drinking beer after beer until getting drunk. I hon...

Start With A Real "Why": The Reason You Stay On The Wagon

More often than not, I hear people getting all gung-ho on starting a new regimen. They want to look awesome in that bikini, that dress, for that trip... You name it! It all looks good for the first days, but then, the inevitable happens: They try a little bit of pizza, chocolate, etc. and they get off the wagon . Well, there are many reasons why this happens and I will name a few that are the most common ones I've either heard or been a victim of: Restrictions - We aren't designed to be restricted. Even if we have evolved over thousands and thousands of years, we are still wired to eat anything we have near us to prevent any starvation periods. Moreover, hunter-gatherers back in the day would have different periods of famine and eating. So, our technology and modern lifestyle have gone faster than our metabolisms can adapt. Therefore, restricting ourselves from eating this or that will most likely make us crash and burn. The solution I've found works for me is s...