Skip to main content

Welcome to my blog!


Ciao! Michelle Schacherer here!  I'm so glad you're here and welcome you to my blog! For all of those who don't know me, I am a CrossFitter, fit junkie and extremely passionate about fitness, nutrition, health and spirituality. I love being active and am always looking forward to what this life will bring me. There is so much to learn and share! Plus, if we're lucky enough to be in good health, we are able to see the potential our bodies and minds have and enjoy the journey where they, combined, will take us.

In this blog I share with you my personal experience as I navigated through an interesting childhood where food was the only thing that would comfort me, then moving into the awkward teenage years where I tried to look like the super stars I'd see on TV (yup, I wanted to be that next Britney Spears but totally failed, lol!); and finally, moving into really looking for professional help and being an autodidact, learning from the paleo trendsetters such as Robb Wolf, Dave Asprey, Dr. Chris Kresser, Dr. Mercola, Dr. David Perlmutter, Dr. Sarah Ballentyne, among others, about our metabolism, mind-body connection, how to better approach life, nutrition and fitness.

This blog is for anyone who can relate to the usual "you just don't have enough willpower", "it's your genes", "you just have to move more and eat less"... You name it! We all have been there and it becomes really frustrating because, at the end of the day, you get even more confused because there's always the next great diet that will give you a Victoria's Secret super model body, but then you find out that... Alas... Well, it's not that easy! One thing's for sure: There is no one-size-fits-all approach! 

That said, what I will share has worked for me, but may not work for you. However, some basics have helped a lot of people get their health back on track and feel better overall about their lives. So, I hope you can find my experience helpful and that you can implement anything that works for you!

At any point, please, feel free to share any comments, thoughts, or anything with me by shooting me an email to smschacherer@gmail.com. I love getting to know people, especially those who can relate to my story. 

Ready to join me on my adventure? Read on! :) 





Disclaimer: The information included in this blog is personal experience and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. At all times, if you suffer from any condition or need professional advice, it is recommended that you consult with your physician or medicine professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cereal Diet

One morning, I woke up completely decided to change my life. I was tired of being called names, being told how bad I was at keeping a normal/healthy weight and decided to follow what the "experts" always said: Eat less, move more.  Little did I know that it wasn't just about that. I had no idea about the nutrients my body needed in order to keep me healthy and my metabolism running smoothly. I can honestly say that at that time, ignorance was bliss.  So, what did I do? I thought that maybe eating 1 bowl of cereal a day would be enough to reduce the amount of calories I needed in order to lose weight, and, moreover, that dancing would be my exercise of choice! Yes... Dancing! For those who know me, I don't like dancing. I don't dance or anything (Well, alright... I can Waltz ;)). Anyway, since I was a Backstreet Boys fan, I would dance to all their songs and learn their choreographies. I knew the steps to most of their songs by the end of 6th grade

Trial And Error: Broken Metabolism And Healing

I remember going through different websites, looking for a trainer that would offer a workout and a meal program. Someone I trusted or had seen before. So, there was my solution: Jillian Michaels! I had heard about her from the show The Biggest Loser and had started seeing her supplements and other products at the store. So, I thought I'd give her a shot. She had everything I needed on her website. An app that would help me download the workout schedule and programs, as well as the recipes to eat healthy and be in the best shape of my life. I have to admit, at the beginning it was daunting! I started off by throwing away all the junk food I had in my kitchen cabinets and fridge. Then, I restocked on the ingredients I would need for my healthy meals. I honestly had never spent as much money on food and I was curious about all the new things I was going to try out. I was pretty consistent and disciplined with the meal plan and workout program Jillian had chosen for me

It's Not Me, It's You: How To Deal With Saboteurs

How many times have you wanted to change but have run into people who just tell you that that change you want is not going to happen, that things won't work out because that's "not life" and you're better off just doing the same things you and everybody else has been doing all along? I call these people "vampires", because they suck out your energy and optimism, but they are more commonly known as "saboteurs". And, I get it, change is hard and, for some people, seeing their friends change makes them feel uncomfortable because their environment is changing and they no longer feel in control. This happens even more often when it is someone who you're close to. Let me share with you some brief stories to which you will probably relate: 1. I don't drink, nor smoke, nor do drugs. Never have and never will. I have tried alcohol before, a sip here and there, but never to the point of drinking beer after beer until getting drunk. I hon